Swamp Stompers Forums

Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > General Talk
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
Jeeppoor

Default Pig Gig

Rocks and Valleys id having their annual Pig roast the first Saturday in August.
We are going up Thursday night for the weekend.
Is anyone else planning on going?

Don't worry there's still two tires on the ground.

"Life's goal is not to reach the grave safely in a well preserved body. But to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride."
Jeeppoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
77heep

Default Pork - the other white meat

Count my crew in. No clue if i'll have a chance to do maintenance after punishing CJ at Windrock for 6 days but hey- it still runs. We'll be up either thurs night or early Friday also. Hope to see familiar faces and meet some other members!

I did have a chance to install a Micro Start AC unit on the camper- so I wont be "that guy" with the generator going WOT all night every time the compressor kicks on. Man its impressive- my mini yamaha 2000 generator barely goes off eco idle. AC keeps the wife and kids happy. So would showers but haven't got one figured out yet lol.
77heep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #3
Jeeppoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77heep View Post
Count my crew in. No clue if i'll have a chance to do maintenance after punishing CJ at Windrock for 6 days but hey- it still runs. We'll be up either thurs night or early Friday also. Hope to see familiar faces and meet some other members!

I did have a chance to install a Micro Start AC unit on the camper- so I wont be "that guy" with the generator going WOT all night every time the compressor kicks on. Man its impressive- my mini yamaha 2000 generator barely goes off eco idle. AC keeps the wife and kids happy. So would showers but haven't got one figured out yet lol.
They sell them portable showers. It is a bag you fill with water and put it in the sun to get warm. It works ok. We have used them in the past.
You can even get a portable shower stall. lol

"Life's goal is not to reach the grave safely in a well preserved body. But to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride."
Old 07-08-2019, 06:04 AM   #4
Tippy

Hopefully we will be there, I have it inked in
Old 07-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #5
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!

maybe?

I hope so...
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #6
backdraft
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeppoor View Post
They sell them portable showers. It is a bag you fill with water and put it in the sun to get warm. It works ok. We have used them in the past.
You can even get a portable shower stall. lol
We have a portable shower stall you can use
backdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #7
Jeeppoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
maybe?

I hope so...
Don't you have a family reunion that weekend?

Old 07-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #8
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeppoor View Post
Don't you have a family reunion that weekend?
well I had not heard anything until yesterday that is was happening this year, so now yes I do have a family reunion Aug 3 and will not be attending the Pig Gig.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:46 PM   #9
Brewmenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
well I had not heard anything until yesterday that is was happening this year, so now yes I do have a family reunion Aug 3 and will not be attending the Pig Gig.

For possibly the first time in my life (really) I do not have a family reunion that weekend (it was move up a week due to scheduling conflict with the venue) so I might attend. If I do I would come up Saturday morning. Just to hang out, Jeeps still not ready, but I'm ready to get back to working on it.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #10
77heep

Hope I don't jinx this - weather is looking great for the weekend (granted its only Monday)
77heep is offline   Reply With Quote