Swamp Stompers Forums

Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > General Talk
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #21
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,800
Default

my truck didn't even get up to normal operating temp this morning... :-(
__________________
John
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #22
Ridin Dirty
Swamp Stomper Friend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Metamora, Mi.
Posts: 3,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
my truck didn't even get up to normal operating temp this morning... :-(
Yep! Got to work at 6:45 this morning and the Jeep never actually got warm enough to turn the heat down.
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #23
Haggar
Hagnam Style
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,795
Default

Mine hasn't got warm enough to turn down the heat all week!!

Actually, was the warmest in there today. But I let it warm up 5 minutes before leaving, that helped. Hard to warm up a Jeep with no parking brake, manual trans, and a sloped driveway....

I think not having the carpet in there is not helping AT ALL. There's a lot of insulation from that carpet, and the other plastic trip pieces that I never installed. So lot of cold metal that needs to warm up...

But it was pretty decent today.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #24
Dragon wagon
 
Dragon wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,936
Default

I got lazy or smart this year but i put a garage door opener in the shop . Sure nice to jump in a warm truck and keep on going instead of pissing with that big door .

Temp was 0 last night .
Dragon wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #25
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,800
Default

I keep debating putting a remote start on the tahoe, I have an old one that was never installed, but I'm not sure if I will have issues with wiring down the road. I plan to park this tahoe at sinver lake in a couple years to be a family dune transporter, I dont' want wires that get tapped to corrode and cause issues.
__________________
John
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #26
four_by_ken
Swamp Stomper Friend
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Allenton, MI
Posts: 1,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
I keep debating putting a remote start on the tahoe, I have an old one that was never installed, but I'm not sure if I will have issues with wiring down the road. I plan to park this tahoe at sinver lake in a couple years to be a family dune transporter, I dont' want wires that get tapped to corrode and cause issues.
From now on... all new vehicles we get will have a remote start either factory or installed right after. We are too spoiled with them now.
four_by_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #27
Dragon wagon
 
Dragon wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,936
Default

We've got it on the H3 but its rather useless with an attached garage .
Dragon wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #28
OJ
Swamp Stomper Friend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Harrison Twp.
Posts: 1,065
Default

The four seasons of Michigan..... almost winter, winter, still winter and road
construction.

Damn it's cold today!!!
__________________
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives should be a store, not a government agency.
OJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #29
OJ
Swamp Stomper Friend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Harrison Twp.
Posts: 1,065
Default

The remote starter in my truck just went haywire the other day, it's doing all kinds of crazy shit, I shut it off in the grocery store parking lot and it kept restarting itself, I have to use the remote to shut it off, that happened three or four times, I sat there for about five minutes to be sure it wasn't going to start again before I went in, after about an hour in the store I came out to find my truck running, at least it was nice and toasty.

Oh, and there was that familiar smell that makes you want to crap your pants when it hits ya, burning wires.

WHEN IT RAINS, IT RAINS REALLY EFFIN HARD!
__________________
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives should be a store, not a government agency.
OJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #30
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ View Post
The remote starter in my truck just went haywire the other day, it's doing all kinds of crazy shit, I shut it off in the grocery store parking lot and it kept restarting itself, I have to use the remote to shut it off, that happened three or four times, I sat there for about five minutes to be sure it wasn't going to start again before I went in, after about an hour in the store I came out to find my truck running, at least it was nice and toasty.

Oh, and there was that familiar smell that makes you want to crap your pants when it hits ya, burning wires.

WHEN IT RAINS, IT RAINS REALLY EFFIN HARD!
yeah, this is the type of stuff that has me thinking not to add it to a 10 year old vehicle that will soon spend a lot of time sitting. I don't want to have issues when I do go to use it.

I am glad we got it from the factory on Andrea's saturn though. Much less likely to have these issues when it is designed with the vehicle and installed durring the factory build. Plus it getts used very much since that vehicle is used every day.
__________________
John
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.