Swamp Stompers Forums

Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > Club Photos > Member's Rides
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Haggar
Hagnam Style

Default Haggar's latest XJ

So, here's place for a build thread on my XJ. I believe this is XJ #4 or #5 for me, they've all been 1998-2000 models.

This was Weisergots before me.

It has some front end damage to the front clip, and most of the front suspension is wasted.

Overall long term plans:

3" zone lift, *maybe* an extra 1/2 to 3/4" spacer in the front, 32x9.5 swampers on the factory wheels, some kind of drop-in lockers front and rear, winch bumper, rear bumper, rock rails, some front lights, 8000lb winch on the front.

So far, I have the front clip off, and most of the front suspension out. The lift is here, and starting to go in. I have the tires, I just need to find 1 spare stock rim for the spare.

Will start putting it back together this weekend. Hopefully have the lift, front bumper, tires, and lockers done for the snow run, and then everything else will come when I have time....

Last edited by Haggar : 01-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
MrClean
I'm handy...

If you want to come over one night and use the tire machine to mount up your new rubbers, you are more than welcome to. It's looking good so far.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Haggar
Hagnam Style

Alread yhave them mounte dup, but thanks for the offer!

Hopefully will see some nice progress in the next couple days...
Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
immortal
Hold my beer.

My XJ will be on the road.........soon!! Lol
Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Haggar
Hagnam Style

Its getting there, little by little. 3 of the 4 control arms were trashed. I have all 4 new ones in, but two of them are only bolted in on one side.

Lower control arm bracket on the axle housing is bent up, I torched and hammered it mostly straight, still can't get a bolt to go through, I might drill the hole larger and then weld on a new side plate with a offset hole. Or cut the whole bracket off and weld a new one on.

front springs and shocks are in, tomorrow I'll get the track bar done and hopefully get the control arms wrapped up then its ready for tires on the front.

In general, more damage than advertised, but aren't they all that way? Nothing too bad.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Its getting there, little by little. 3 of the 4 control arms were trashed. I have all 4 new ones in, but two of them are only bolted in on one side.

Lower control arm bracket on the axle housing is bent up, I torched and hammered it mostly straight, still can't get a bolt to go through, I might drill the hole larger and then weld on a new side plate with a offset hole. Or cut the whole bracket off and weld a new one on.

front springs and shocks are in, tomorrow I'll get the track bar done and hopefully get the control arms wrapped up then its ready for tires on the front.

In general, more damage than advertised, but aren't they all that way? Nothing too bad.
yup, it's ussually hard to tell exatcly all the damage until you really get into it, glad it's coming along good.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Haggar
Hagnam Style

yeah, like the big mystery dent in the oil pan? (looks like maybe the axle the oil pan??) oh well, motor seems to run fine... lol.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Haggar
Hagnam Style

Man, these things look so awesome on skinny swampers..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
Haggar
Hagnam Style

crappy cell phone pics, but you can see the front end. Rear is just about done but I stripped a center pin for the rear spring pack. Will be back on its wheels tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
Haggar
Hagnam Style

Up on 4 wheels, lift is done, except for needing to fix the one lower control arm mount on the front axle.