Swamp Stompers Forums

Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > ORV Areas & Routes
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Jeeppoor

Default BadLands

Never been there.
But I know there are club members that have.
Hopefully they will speak up bout the park.

Don't worry there's still two tires on the ground.

"Life's goal is not to reach the grave safely in a well preserved body. But to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride."
Jeeppoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Truckman

It was really nice when were going there years ago. I can only imagine it's even better now. I remember a camping area, a few huge hills, and lots of fairly long trails. Maybe a scramble area or two. I'd love to go again.
Truckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Haggar
Hagnam Style

Was there 10 years ago with the club. I had a great time and really would like to go back.

Closer by several hours compared to some other places.

I believe the people that used to run paragon now run the badlands. I remember having my CJ5 on 2 wheels in several places, some really fun hills, good trails, etc.

I'd be interested in going back this year!
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Jeeppoor

There is a lot to do there.
I plan on going back. Maybe make a yearly thing for me.
We really should see about putting this on the calendar for the club to do every year.
There is something there for everyone and every vehicle. Mud, hills, sand, rocks, tight trails, etc.
About 960 acres.

"Life's goal is not to reach the grave safely in a well preserved body. But to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride."
Old 05-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Jeeppoor

Jeeppoor and Tippy were the first to arrive from our club. But not without problems. Tippy decided to peel half of one of trailer tires on the way down there. Stop to get a replacement. Jeeppoor had a little talk with the local police about parking while waiting on Tippy to get his new trailer tire.
We made it the rest of the way without any problems.
Went out Friday and drove around. Tippy motor started making a loud noise coming from his top end. After we figured out how to get out of there (their maps need some work) we went back to camp.
Brewmenn was there setting up camp. Tippy worked on his jeep. And after Brewmann was done setting up camp. We headed back out. Brewmann took us out and we ran some trails and wound up at the quarry. We tried some of the rock ledges. Some of us made them some of us did not. We then took some trails back to camp. Ate dinner started a fire (Laughed at the group of people across from us trying to get their fire started. It took them a few hours). Waiting up till Truckman arrived. He got there late because his truck broke down in front of the Dark House Brewing Company. He had to wait on a canutering valve.
After he arrived we sat around for a while bench wheeling and drinking a few pops.
Then we went to bed.
Got up the next morning
We went out and hit a few more trails. Wound up at this trails that goes done a ravine. Tippy’s motor was making a lot of noise for the top end again. So he went back to camp. Everyone was coming out of the trail we were trying to get down. They said there was a down tree. So we had to go see if we could get around it.
Well we could not. So instead of turning around like everyone else we moved the tree with a little help from a bow saw and Mr. Warn. We were then back on our way. Wound our way through the trail. Stop at a rocky slop that people were trying. Then continued our way down the trail until we hit the tubes.
Stopped because there was a jam up of side by sides and quads. After Brewmann checked the depth of the water we continued through the tubes.
We continued on down the trail. Jeepppoor’s transfer case was making a lot of noise now. It would not stay in low range for the rear tires. So we decided to head back to camp and check on Tippy and his motor problems.
Tippy lost the exhaust lobs on his cam. At least 3 cylinders. So he decided to stay in camp. Jeepppoor’s transfer case was getting worse as we got closer to camp. To the point it would not stay in low range for the rear axle. Jeeppoor decided to stay back at camp rather than do more damage to the transfer case.
Brewmann and Truckman went out. They will have to fill in what happen at this point.
When they got back we had a club dinner (thanks for cooking Tippy, and Anna for getting the potatoes ready).
We then lit a fire (again naughty at the neighbor because it took them another 2 hours to get their fire going). Sat around drake some pop and bench wheeled.
Good times. It would (will) be fun to go back (hopefully with a larger turn out from the club ).

Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Tippy

What a great write-up