Swamp Stompers Forums

Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > General Talk
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
Jeeppoor

Default Golf

Is there any one interested enough to maybe play a round of golf say every other weekend?
I am not any good. But I try and play (at least that is what I call it).
I know it has been talked about before.
But I have been thinking about trying to get out there and thought I would thorugh this out there to see if anyone else is interested.
If you have never played golf before but are interested that by all means come on out.

Don't worry there's still two tires on the ground.

"Life's goal is not to reach the grave safely in a well preserved body. But to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride."
Jeeppoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Haggar
Hagnam Style

I don't know ona regular basis, but I'd certainly be up for a round with the guys, to start, and see what people think.

9 or 18? Any course in mind? I have some spare clubs that I could bring, if someone wanted to try it, but didn't have clubs.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Jeeppoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
I don't know ona regular basis, but I'd certainly be up for a round with the guys, to start, and see what people think.

9 or 18? Any course in mind? I have some spare clubs that I could bring, if someone wanted to try it, but didn't have clubs.
Nope I did not have any course in mind. Was waiting to see who was interested and then see if there was a course centrally located.
I am pretty open as far as 9 or 18 holes.
Cart or walking the same. It does not matter to me.

"Life's goal is not to reach the grave safely in a well preserved body. But to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride."
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Haggar
Hagnam Style

I'd be cool to go, if we put an outing together. A lot of the course up by me are more rural, and reasonably priced.

The myth on stoney creek has a par-3 9 hole course, which is nice if people want something easy. No sand traps there. Their 18 hole course is harder, though, narrow fairways. blackheath on rochester road north of rochester is nice. Oxford Hills by me is also pretty easy. Mulberry hills is also nice, north of oxford.

I golf @ fieldstone in Auburn Hills on mondays in the summer with my work league. I'm not very good, though.

OK, we need 2 more. who's in?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Jeeppoor

Calling Dave and Mike.
Calling Dave and Mike.........
I know them 2 play golf.
And I think it was Dave that brought it up last year.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!

I might go once or twice...

I'd prefer an easy 9 hole, without a ton of people, they tend to get pissy at slow golfers.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
Haggar
Hagnam Style

By the way, I have spare clubs if someone wants to golf, but does not have a set.

If you are new, the other advantage of a par 3 course, is that the shorter the club, the better the accuracy. Drivers are the hardest to hit straight.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Jeeppoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
I might go once or twice...

I'd prefer an easy 9 hole, without a ton of people, they tend to get pissy at slow golfers.
Hey you talking about me again.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeppoor View Post
Hey you talking about me again.
why? do you have problems golfing behind slow golfers like myself?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Haggar
Hagnam Style

Going in early morning or twilights usually gets rid of the slow golfer issue. Just take a max of double-par on any given hole, and move on. And let people play through if they are really on your heels.