Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > General Talk
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #21
SANDMAN

SANDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #22
jsawduste
prospect

The "new" GM has decided to cancel health insurance for all retiree`s effective Jan 1st. We fall back on Medicare/Medicade. Or some Obama sh*t like that.

Sooooo, the carpal tunnel surgery I`ve been putting off is going to happen PDQ. First the left and then the right. Doc says as long as 6 weeks (?) of rehab for each.

Have an appt. with him next week to finalize things. So while I have two hands. Want to take the firewall forward electrical out. At least the rear axle and driveshaft down.

I`ll be ready for SnoFari and the SS snow run if I get an early start.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
Iceman
Short timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post

Sooooo, the carpal tunnel surgery I`ve been putting off is going to happen PDQ. First the left and then the right. Doc says as long as 6 weeks (?) of rehab for each.

Have an appt. with him next week to finalize things. So while I have two hands. Want to take the firewall forward electrical out. At least the rear axle and driveshaft down.

I`ll be ready for SnoFari and the SS snow run if I get an early start.
If it was me, I'd get in the last wheeling trip as you aren't going to get a surgery scheduled prior to the 26th.

That still gives you about 6 weeks after the recovery to get ready for the snow runs.

But that is just me. I understand you have to make choices.

Good luck.

GLFWDA Land Use Committee Member.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #24
jsawduste
prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If it was me, I'd get in the last wheeling trip as you aren't going to get a surgery scheduled prior to the 26th.

That still gives you about 6 weeks after the recovery to get ready for the snow runs.

But that is just me. I understand you have to make choices.

Good luck.
Thanks RJ,
this simply has not been a good wheeling year. Soccer, summer school, kids work schedule etc.

Next year Still counting on Moab. Even if Darryl never got back to me about shipping.

We have a group of friends that we go camping with each year at Pontiac Lake. Going on 10 years now. They do the halloween decorating at the camp sites and the kids go trick or treating. Kinda like R/V. The last bash of the year. That is why dad and myself are heading up to St. Helen. To snag the pop up camper just for this trip..........

You guys have fun. And if you happen to remember, snag me a yellow sticker. Jeep seems to be leaning a bit on the passenger side cause of the extra weight. Need to balance it out.

Doc doesnt believe in ortho surgery for carpal. Slice and dice is his style.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #25
Jeepbrattt

I was scheduled for that surgery last year.......decided to try chiropractic......ended up being pinched discs in my neck causing the nerve down my right arm to deaden and in turn numbness and pain. After 6 monthes i had all feeling back, a year later my fingers have still never lost feeling. Doesnt work for all, just an option if you havent tried it.
Jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #26
jsawduste
prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepbrattt View Post
I was scheduled for that surgery last year.......decided to try chiropractic......ended up being pinched discs in my neck causing the nerve down my right arm to deaden and in turn numbness and pain. After 6 monthes i had all feeling back, a year later my fingers have still never lost feeling. Doesnt work for all, just an option if you havent tried it.
Do have disc issues in 3, 4 and 5 that sometimes cause a bit of discomfort. But not in this case.

Had an EMG done. Where they stick needles in your hands and send an electric shock down your arm. The time it takes travel from the cattle prod to the pin is recorded. Doc wanted to be sure it was not, as you mention, the neck causing the issue.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:30 AM   #27
Iceman
Short timer

So.............................................

Back on subject.

We have TJ and I as yes, and a few maybes?

GLFWDA Land Use Committee Member.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #28
Ridin Dirty
Swamp Stomper Friend

I have been upgraded from possibly to probably. I guess that's good.
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #29
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
I have been upgraded from possibly to probably. I guess that's good.
isn't that what you said about going to SL instead of the UP thisweekend?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #30
Ridin Dirty
Swamp Stomper Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
isn't that what you said about going to SL instead of the UP thisweekend?
No. I don't remember saying that I was going to be able to make it to SL. I said it was more doable for me than the UP. The problem I have is now I am towing with a 94 F250 with 203,000 miles on it and I don't want to tow that much load with it that far just yet. I'm really not even sure it can do it at all. My trailer alone weighs 4,750 lbs. empty. Rocks and Valleys is a better possibility because it's much closer and I should be able to line up a much smaller trailer by then.
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote